- Women are a garment for you and you are a garment for them…(Qur’an 2:187)
- Our Lord! Grant us comfort of our eyes from our wives and offspring and gives us all (the grace) to be those who are examples of the righteous. (Qur’an 25:74)
- Consort with them (your wives) in kindness, for if you dislike something in them, it may be that you dislike a thing wherein God has placed much good. (Qur’an 4:19).
- Men are the protectors and maintainers of women….(Qur’an 4:34)
- The believer who has the most perfect faith is the one whose behaviour is best and the best of you are the ones who are best to their women. (At-Tirmidhi)
- No believing man should dislike a believing woman. If he dislikes one of her characteristics, there will be others that please him. (Muslim)
- The best of you is the best to his family and I am the best among you to my family (Imam Ahmad)
- Paradise lies at the feet of mothers (Nisa’i, Ibn Majah)
- It is the generous (in character) who is good to women and it is the wicked who insults them.
International Women’s Day (8 March) is a global day celebrating the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future.